Looking for a new challenge in the world of Composites?
Current Positions Available:
We are currently looking for an experienced (either degree or time-served apprentice level) engineer to join our team to lead the design of production tooling and components within a busy composite manufacturing business. The candidate must have knowledge and experience of designing complex composite and metallic tooling, component assemblies as well as production fixtures. Advanced knowledge of CATIA V5 surfacing is a must as well as the ability to self-manage projects from start to finish ideally in accordance with AS9100 / ISO9001 systems.
You will have the ability to contribute innovative ideas to assist in the design and development of new and existing products and the conformation of design intent.
Often considerable associated documents are required and therefore the ability to produce these in a well presented manner is essential.
Key skills required:
• CATIA V5 – Surfacing – Essential.
• Proven track record in design.
• Effective and professional communicator.
• Experience of design management in accordance with a recognised quality system.
• Minimum HNC qualified.
• Aerospace and composite manufacturing experience desirable.
• Manage and deliver design solutions in accordance with agreed schedules and budgets.
• Co-ordinating modelling and design reviews.
• Liaising with customers, supplier and OEM’s
• Supporting the production departments in issue resolution.
• Releasing drawings and models for approval.
We are currently looking for a strong and disciplined candidate to lead a small team of versatile engineers within a busy composite design and manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE relevant experience of:
- Engineering design
- Technical leadership,
- Project planning and management
- Team motivation and organisation.
- Ability to work with recognised QA systems
Ideally degree qualified although a minimum of HNC / time served apprentice with the correct level of experience will be considered.
The candidate would ideally have:
- Composite Design and Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Catia V5
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or AS9100 system (or equivalent)
This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to grow and shape a small team of engineers into lean and effective team ready for future growth.
Ideal position for someone after a challenging vocational career in a company that supplies to aerospace, defence and medical industries.
Ideal candidate will have a level 2 qualification, be computer literate, good at working with their hands and have an eye for detail. Due to the nature of the work must be physically fit.
Full onsite training will be given in:
- Operation of cutting table
- Mould maintenance
40 hours working work 8:00-4:15 Monday to Friday (may be required to work shifts if required).
20 days paid holidays per year plus bank holidays.
To apply please email your latest CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and previous experience to: email@example.com
Please state on your email application which role you are applying for.
New applicants only as United Aerospace has reviewed all previous applicants.
Due to our continuing growth, we are always very keen to hear from enthusiastic and motivated people to join our manufacturing and support teams.
Graduate Composite Engineers – Send us your CV and we’ll get in touch with you.
Engineering Student Placements – We are always keen to hear from students who wish to be considered for placements.