Looking for a new challenge in the world of Composites?
Current Positions Available:
COME AND JOIN OUR FAST GROWING TEAM!
Ideal position for someone looking for a new career in a company that supplies to automotive and medical industries. Ideal candidate will be someone who likes working with their hands and gets enjoyment from seeing what they have made progress through the factory to completed aircraft or fitted to complex medical devices or on to high end cars.
We require motivated, enthusiastic individuals who are willing to learn new skills in the manufacturing of composite components. Full in-house training will be given.
The exciting projects you work on will vary from day to day, but do require you to be stood up for long periods of time and to work with your hands.
Permanent role – 40hrs /wk
Full onsite career training will be given, which may include:
- Laminating – laying up the pre-cut glass fibre/ carbon fibre material into the moulds and preparing the product for cure in our dedicated autoclaves.
- Demoulding – removing the cured items and preparing the moulds to be used again
- Assembly – fitting the cured composite parts together to make the finished product using high grade adhesives on our inhouse designed assembly jigs and fixtures.
- Operation of the computer controlled cutting table – cutting out the glass fibre/ carbon fibre material that will be laid up in the moulds.
Recognised qualifications and computer literacy would be advantageous but not essential.
You will lead implementation, develop and prove a manufacturing process that results in high-quality products.
You shall have good knowledge of component fabrication, assembly manufacture and related tooling methods. Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills include an input into project management, be committed to maintaining quality standards, and demonstrate adherence to safety and environmental standards. Ultimately, you’ll be the one to ensure our production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy the defined requirements.
If you have a proven background in Manufacturing and are inventive, meticulous and a self-starter we would like to meet you.
Key Engineering role, both shopfloor and office based, that has ownership of the manufacturing process delivery and maintenance.
As part of a Multi-Functional Team:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on the technical definition, quality criteria and rate requirements.
- Outline production and machine requirements
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Manage equipment installation
- Account for logistical requirements i.e. component handling, packaging and delivery
- Develop facility layouts, value stream mapping, machine operations and 5s requirements
- Preventative measures for issues and delays in production, including risk assessment and containment plans, where required
- Ongoing cost reduction suggestions whilst maintaining quality
- The management of routings and standard operating procedures, ensuring procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Train operators in new and existing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods, tool design and associated health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- An understanding of working with digital manufacturing solutions, and related software (e.g. CAD, MS Office, ERP/ MRP)
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills
- Experience with engineering drawing packages
To apply please email your latest CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and previous experience to: email@example.com
Due to our continuing growth, we are always very keen to hear from enthusiastic and motivated people to join our manufacturing and support teams.
Graduate Composite Engineers – Send us your CV and we’ll get in touch with you.
Engineering Student Placements – We are always keen to hear from students who wish to be considered for placements.